June 1, 2020 — In mid-May, we returned to regular dental care at our office, so we wanted to share a few procedures that have changed for your upcoming appointment.
But first, we’ll share what hasn’t changed: You can be assured that the same level of care you have grown to expect from us will be no different, and the same friendly faces and helpful staff will be here to greet you.
Since mid-March, our team has been preparing full time for the return of patients in a COVID-19 environment. We have attended numerous online continuing education courses to keep up-to-date on protecting against the virus, and that education continues on a nearly daily basis. Here’s what you can expect for your next visit:
- Pre-Appointment. Prior to your appointment, we will reach out for a health history update. If you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath, or if you have been in close contact with another person who has been diagnosed with or is under investigation for COVID-19, please let us know and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Wear a Mask. Please wear some form of face covering to your appointment, which you will remove at the appropriate time.
- Come Alone. We ask that you come unaccompanied unless a caregiver is required or the patient is a minor, and please don’t bring any extra accessories with you.
- Wait in Your Car. When you arrive for your appointment, please call our office number at 816-254-7800 from your vehicle and wait there. If you don’t have a mobile phone, please call before you head to our office and we’ll watch for your arrival. We will let you know as soon as we are ready for you.
- Contactless Temperature. We will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer to ensure that you do not have a fever, and we will have you wash your hands.
- Pre-Procedural Rinse. Once in the treatment room, you will be given a pre-procedural rinse. You will note that each staff member has been trained on the use of additional Personal Protective Equipment. As a result, it will be a little cooler in the office because of the extra equipment, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- Checking Out. We will have you wash your hands one final time, and you’ll be on your way. We’ll bring you to the front desk to finalize your check-out. Please maintain six feet of distance at the front desk.
- PPE Expense. Because of the increase in costs to obtain PPE (including KN95 face masks, face shields, and protective clothing) it is necessary that we add a $15 fee for this expense.
Most importantly, please know that the infection-control precautions our office takes every day — as outlined by the CDC and OSHA — help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring the situation for the most up-to-date information to implement to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We will continue to follow all CDC and American Dental Association guidelines as they are updated.
It is understandable to be concerned about COVID-19, and we know that everyone is doing his or her best to help prevent the spread of the virus. As always, we appreciate your continued loyalty to our practice, and we look forward to seeing you soon.